Frost & Sullivan honors ZONARE with 2014 North American Award for Enabling Technology Leadership
POSTED DATE: 01/15/14
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Customer Support
The Senior Field Support Engineer (FSE), independently, installs, repairs, upgrades and performs preventative maintenance on specified ZONARE instrumentation. S/He represents ZONARE at customer locations and works to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. S/He is responsible for all company-issued properties (inventory, tools, diagnostic equipment, vehicle, etc.) in accordance with company policies. Senior FSE maintains a high level of professional communication with Customers, Management, Sales, Technical Support Team and colleagues. Successful Senior FSE must be positive, self-directed, approachable and results oriented.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Diagnose and repair all designated products, including preventative maintenances, installations and upgrades per specific training, manuals and ZONARE guidelines.
· Schedule (Create, verify and/or modify as appropriate) customer visits based on ability to triage calls determined by assessing customers’ needs, which may include financial impact to the practice, and patients’ well being.
· Complete and submit a field service report on a daily basis according to written procedures as documented in the Field Service reference database.
· Complete and submit a weekly expense report according to ZONARE policies and procedures.
· Maintain spare parts inventory according to company guidelines and return specific spare parts as designated by policy.
· Drive revenue growth through the promotion and retention of service agreements.
· Ability to operate independently in consistent manner with a positive demeanor without management supervision.
· Consistently deliver superior customer service levels as demonstrated by exceeding established customer service levels.
· Work diligently to be highly respected by customers by demonstrating high level of professionalism, technical competence and overall account support.
· May represent field service on product task forces or design teams.
· Demonstrate understanding of the mathematical and physical theories of operation on all assigned equipment.
· Develop and deliver training materials to junior level FSE’s.
· Develop strong relationships with key customers.
· Partner with Sales Representatives in their territory and proactively recommends sales at key accounts.
· Qualified person to train and mentor fellow FSE’s on problem solving, soft skills and sharing best practices
· Ability to troubleshoot all assigned equipment, including data networks.
· Proficient with high energy lasers.
· Thorough understanding of device applications, application software and is able to train customers on all products assigned.
· Work with Customer Care management to establish strategy and direction relative to customer support policies and procedures.
· Other duties may include, but are not limited to instructing customers on operation and maintenance of equipment, installation and maintenance of equipment at conventions and trade shows as required.
· Minimum of 8 years of related experience in Electronics, Fine Mechanics, Electro-mechanical, Data Networks, Ultrasound or Medical Field Service.
· BS in Engineering, Computer Technology, Electronics or related fields preferred or equivalent experience.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Ultrasound procedures and RVT, RDMS certification or equivalent desired.
· Ability to consistently exceed customer satisfaction goals.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must have strong computer skills with the ability to obtain specific certifications as required.
· Extensive overnight travel is required by automobile and air (an average of four hours driving for service calls per day).
· Must be able to travel in the US and internationally for training, meetings, exhibit support and coverage outside assigned territory and have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
· Must be able to obtain sufficient credit to cover incurred business expenses which will be reimbursed upon expense report submission and approval.